Living in limbo does not good accounting keep. Or something. I’ve gotten so confused with my numbers of what the balances were when. The main thing is we did pay down some debt beyond the minimum payments. And that’s a good thing.
- Credit Card Transfer: $19,016.32
- Vegas Rental Property: $104,250.85
- Ohio Rental Property: $167,889.52
Total Debt: $291,156.69
This is a difference of -$4,737.72 in principle from the $295,894.41 owed in primary and rental mortgage debt* at the end of May.
*The credit card transfer used to be our second mortgage for the Ohio rental.
Breakdown of Regular Payments:
- First Mortgage: $1641.58
- Credit Card Transfer #1: $0 due –> $2,934.18 paid
- Rental Property: $647.00
Total Monthly Payments: $5,222.76
We’ve had a wonderful visit with family in Kansas and are (getting) ready to pack up (again) and head out tomorrow. California or bust!
And John got to fly out and join us here for a few days! And will be driving
with us the rest of the way!
You have no idea how huge this is. Or maybe you do, I don’t know. I’m just glad he’s here.
In the meantime, traveling does not (for me) good blogging well bode. Or something. I am so far behind on things we’ve been spending money on; things we haven’t; ways we’ve saved; ways we haven’t.
- We’re getting a new roof on our house in Ohio. Can you say hail?
- We are reluctant landlords once again! You may have noticed the change up above…
- We’re living in base housing in California, for (almost) the first time ever. (Unless you count three months in stairwell housing when we were still newleyweds.) (You Army peeps know what I’m talking about.)
- Did you know that the cost of living in Northern California is quite expensive?
- We’re quite certain we went over our household goods [HHG] weight allowance for this move [PCS]. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.
- I’m sensing some purging in my future.
- AND I’m getting ready to start homeschooling my children. YES, ALL THREE. (Even the high schooler) (Go ahead and shake your head)
- And much, much more.
Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Independence Day! Now go and link up! (And those of you who normally link up but didn’t last month? I’ve got my eye on you…)
Don’t forget if you’re reading this on email you’ll need to click over to the actual site to view the links. Please go and comment and encourage each other on these financial journeys we’re on!
Happy Number Crunching!
- Finance Carnival for Young Adults 5.19.13 By Julie Wilson
- Marijuana Stocks and Other Ways to Invest in Cannabis By Mario Favela
- 4 Little-Known Benefits of Disability Insurance By Kevin
- Debt Solutions By WellHeeled
- Weekly Favorites, Gratitude, and Giveaways #109 By Crystal @ BFS