My husband’s in love. And before he leaves me and Eastern U.S. behind, he wants to get as much of this in as possible.

by jolyn on October 9, 2010

in Indulgences

What? What did you expect to see?

Aw, Dunkin Donuts. They make John happy.

The Alabama-South Carolina game today? Not so much.

One dozen donuts (plus one fritter): ~$8.00

This includes a 20% military discount, which is huge as far as military discounts go. And one we didn’t find out about until we’d been buying donuts here for over a year.

Tip for fellow military members: always ask if there’s a discount. No matter how small or marginal the merchant may be, it never hurts to ask.

I’m just glad that we finally found out about Dunkin’s discount. I see a lot more of these donuts in our immediate future.

Cathie October 11, 2010 at 10:46 am

My name is Cathie and I am a DD coffee addict.

Hi, Cathie!

Kelly B October 11, 2010 at 1:58 am

I can totally understand that love. :) I used to live in Rhode Island, and you could find a Dunkin’ Donuts probably every 10 miles or less. I was addicted to their iced coffee, and DD was the total stop off before or after a night of night clubbing when I was in college. I am in Arizona now, and the closest one is about an hour and a half away. I told my husband that if we ever came into money, I was buying a franchise. :) I’m glad that they give a military discount. I wish more companies did. Our brave soldiers and their families deserve that and more.

There is one in Arizona? I’m impressed! I’ll have to tell John to look that one up. Maybe he can work it in his route on his road trip to Cali. ;)

And thanks for your kind words, Kelly. We always appreciate it.

Mysti October 10, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Living in the Northeast…I can tell ya….DD is on every corner. It is pathetic. And they are all busy!! I don’t get it, and I live here!

Honestly, I’m not a sweets person myself, but John and the kids are sure going to miss their Dunkin!

Kay Lynn Akers October 10, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I just don’t see the attraction to those donuts but my friend who is originally from the East coast has to have one every business trip back there. (Of course, she makes fun of me and Cracker Barrel but then I am from the Midwest).

Those are a couple of places we don’t have in California but then we have Marie Callendars and Claim Jumper….

Claim Jumper? Definitely a new one to me!

Kay Lynn Akers Reply:

I’ve only seen the restaurants on the West coast. They have pretty good food and are known for large portions. They sell their entrees and desserts in the grocery stores as frozen meals now.

Laura October 10, 2010 at 11:53 am

My husband has been retired for nearly 20 years (has it really been than long? – yikes!) and we still use the military discount whenever we can. We usually use them when we travel, for hotels and car rentals (although we’re not traveling all that much now). I just saw this morning that Disney World is offering a 40% military discount on certain rooms for the whole next year. I almost wish we could take advantage of that one.

Lots of good thoughts and wishes to you and your family, and many, many thanks t0 your husband.

Thanks, Laura. We appreciate the kind words.