For January’s budget, I underestimated our power bill by over $100.
I don’t know what I was thinking: it’s only been freezing here for what seems forever.
I immediately turned the thermostat down from 68 to 66 degrees. I’m thinking of turning it down even lower, even though The Hubs already thinks I’ve gone too far. I could tell because he just kind of shook his head.
We’ve been married for a while now, people. (Hi, Hubs!)
You gotta understand, though: He’s from Alabama.
I’m from Kansas, people. I grew up in the land of, “If you’re cold, put on a sweater and stop your moaning!” We’re hardy folk. At least, hardier than Southerners. (Go ahead, let me have it.)
I’d really love to take an informal poll. Pretty please, participate? At least humor me? I truly am super curious.
- What temperature is your thermostat set at?
- What area of the country do you live in?
- How much was your last heating bill?
- Do you have electric or gas power? (or oil?)
- How big is your home?
As I said, our thermostat is now set at 66, but for our last bill it was 68.
Our latest bill was $258.54. We only have electric power (heat pump) (old), no gas.
Our home is ~3200 square feet (1970′s tri-level) and we live in Ohio!
Of course, this extra $100 puts a damper on the original amount I budgeted toward our debt eradication this month. But I’m not throwing in the towel yet: I’m doing The Pantry Challenge, after all!
P.S. I’m deliberately teasing The Hubs to test whether he’s been keeping up with this blog. He’s been so busy with pre-deployment stuff and frantically trying to finish some remodeling work in the bathroom blowing this stuff off lately so I decided he was fair game. Anyone else from Alabama? Feel free to let me have it. But I still say you’re wusses.
- Review: Scotiabank Scene Visa Card By Tom Drake
- Bremer Bank $10 Bonus with New Checking or Savings Account in Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin By MaximizingMoney.com
- Houston Federal Credit Union 1% Bonus to Invest with HFCU Investment and Retirement Services for Current Members By MaximizingMoney.com
- Are You a Genius or a Fool? By Krantcents
- From Salary to Minimum Wage By Jessica